top of page


Click on the links below to be taken directly to external websites:




Peel Tower





The Mountain Weather Information Service provides detailed forecasts for the various upland areas of the UK:

Mountain Weather Forecast

Check firing days on Holcombe Moor if you are planning a walk in the area.

Holcombe Moor Firing Times

Check opening dates and times to climb Holcombe (Peel) Tower

Peel Tower Opening Dates and Times


Planning a route or need to find that meeting point?  Streetmap UK uses various mapping systems including Ordnance Survey 1:50,000 and 1:25,000 formats.  Search for places by name, postcode or OS grid reference!

Streetmap UK

Thinking of booking a walking holiday?  Bury HF has joined the Walking Partnership.  This partnership, supported by Ramblers Worldwide Holidays, provides direct financial contributions to local walking groups.  Please remember when you book to quote the name of our group and we will then receive a very useful financial contribution.  It really does make a big difference to us! 

The Walking Partnership

Some of our walks are centered well away from our home town.  Why not make it a special trip by staying over in a youth hostel?  They're not like they used to be!  No duties or bed-making.  You can turn up in your car and you don't even have to be a member!

YHA England & Wales

Our club is proud to actively support the following charities which operate in the areas in which we regularly walk. Each year we donate to a number, usually four, selected from the list below. These donations are from the annual subscriptions we collect. Please take time to look at the important work they do:

North West Air Ambulance

Peak & Northern Footpaths Society

Bolton Mountain Rescue

Rossendale and Pendle Mountain Rescue

Edale Mountain Rescue

Buxton Mountain Rescue

Oldham Mountain Rescue

Glossop Mountain Rescue

Bowland Pennine Mountain Rescue

Upper Wharfedale Fell Rescue

Calder Valley Search and Rescue

Kinder Mountain Rescue Team

Holme Valley Mountain Rescue Team


The UK Government Department for Environment Food & Rural Affairs

has produced an online version of the Countryside Code which contains

Statutory guidance for countryside users and mangers:  Countryside Code

Peak & Northern Sign by Rob Hargreaves


bottom of page